Tyre Repair or Replace

Repair or replace your tyres with James Price's Garage in Walsall

background-cogs.png

Get your tyres repaired or replaced by our experts. Visit James Price's Garage in Walsall for further information.

tyres-bw-min.jpg
 
tyre-change-bw-min.jpg
Asset 1.png
Loads of tyres in stock

Quality tyres are a vital aspect of your car, and the correct tyre can enhance the performance of your vehicle. Something to remember, your tyres are the only bit of the car that make contact with the road.

 

Our dedicated and highly experienced team provide a comprehensive tyre fitting service here at James Price's Garage, whether you simply require tyres repairs or a brand new set.

background-cogs.png
We fit all tyre types:
  • Car Tyres

  • Winter Tyres

  • Cheap Tyres

  • Performance Tyres

  • 4x4 Tyres

  • Branded Tyres

tyre-removal-bw-min.jpg

Tyres FAQs

What is the correct pressure for my tyres?


Correct tyre pressure is important not only for safety, but also for fuel efficiency. It is measured in Bar, as well as pounds square inch (PSI), and you can find the correct information for your vehicle in the manufacturer’s handbook. In many cars, these details are also inside the rim of the driver’s door (and sometimes on the petrol cap).




What is my tyre size?


This information is important when booking a tyre change, and can be found in either the vehicle manufacturer’s handbook or on the sidewall of your existing tyres.




What is the legal minimum tread depth for vehicle tyres?


By law, car tyres must have a minimum tread depth of 1.6mm throughout the central 75% of the tyre (the tread pattern must be visible in the remaining 25%).




What is the penalty for unroadworthy tyres?


If your vehicle’s tyres are deemed unroadworthy – whether through insufficient tread depth, visible damage or incompatibility with the vehicle – you could be in line for a fine of up to £2,500 and 3 penalty points on your licence. This is applied per tyre, not per vehicle. If your car’s tyres are unsuitable, it will not pass its MOT




How often do i need to change my tyres?


There are a lot of factors in determining how often car, van or motorcycle tyres need changing, based on regularity of use, driving conditions and more. The safest approach is to inspect your tyres every month for signs of wear and tear, and replace them before they become unsafe. Seasonal conditions are also a consideration that must be made when it comes to tyre changes. James Price's Garage stock a large selection of winter tyres, and are on hand to provide advice as to the best time to switch.




What are the dangers of driving on worn tyres?


It’s not just the legal issues (mentioned above) that can be a problem when driving on worn out tyres. Insufficient tread depth also affects braking distance – a particular danger on icier roads – while a tyre not inflated to the correct pressure can impact on fuel efficiency and handling ability.




How does incorrect wheel alignment affect tyres?


Wheel alignment ensures that a vehicle’s wheels are set to the angle of the manufacturer’s specification at all times. Incorrect wheel alignment can increase tyre wear, as well as causing the vehicle to “pull” to one side while driving.




How does incorrect wheel alignment affect tyres?


Wheel alignment ensures that a vehicle’s wheels are set to the angle of the manufacturer’s specification at all times. Incorrect wheel alignment can increase tyre wear, as well as causing the vehicle to “pull” to one side while driving.





Tyres and tyre fitting

There are lots of situations where your tyres may have seen better days, apart from the normal wear and tear. Depending on the damage, like a puncture or graze, we may be able to repair the tyre. If it's a blowout or bulge, we would replace the tyre, better safe than sorry.

Got a tyre-related question? Get in touch and we will be able to help.

map-background-min.jpg
42-420943_google-reviews-google-logo-hd-